mirus is a not-for profit organisation. We were established in 1985 and our years of experience mean we have an excellent reputation in the sector. Our vision is to be at the forefront of individualised quality services and to empower people to live with self-belief, determination and confidence to make choices and achieve goals that enrich their lives.
An opportunity has arisen for the position of Team Manager in Supported Living Services in Cardiff.
You will be working with a diverse group of individuals with a range of learning and physical disabilities such profound and multiple health needs, mental health and behaviours that may challenge.
You will be managing a team(s) supporting adults with a wide range of ages, interests, goals and aspirations. You will be supporting people in to build and maintain social and support networks across their local communities.
You will need to have the ability to contribute to providing a high quality service and have a strong vision that can be applied to all aspects of your work. Knowledge and experience of person centred planning is desirable in order to evidence achievements and outcomes for people.
• Has the ability to contribute to providing a high quality service and have a strong vision that can be applied to all aspects of your work.
• Maintains professional working relationships with People we Support, Families, members of MDT and other stakeholders.
• Develops and adopt a person centred approach to services and identify individual goals and aspirations that enables the achievement of positive outcomes and independence.
• Is confident and strong to lead, direct and role model best practice to support staff to develop independence and skill development and promote positive risk taking.
• Harnesses the skills and abilities of support staff to support them with their learning and development to fulfil their roles and responsibilities with a sense of achievement.
• Communicates effectively and have good oral and written communication skills ensuring accurate records are kept.
• Is able to manage their work time effectively and prioritise their workload whilst being flexible to adapt when necessary.
• Is able to monitor and quality assure support services.
• To be registered with Social Care Wales
• To have completed or in the process of completing QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care.
• To have experience of using IT systems to ensure effective communication and planning.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Management of Health and Social Care or equivalent
How to apply
To apply, please send an expression of interest, detailed below, to MonicaC@mirus-wales.org.uk
• Expressions of Interest of no more than 2 A4 pages to include the following information:
• Your experience
• How you meet the essential criteria and key deliverables for the role
• Work undertaken to achieve positive outcomes
• Leading and developing teams and Services
• Partnership working with commissioners and other community partners.