National Safeguarding Week
16 November 2021
If you’re thinking of getting a job in social care or early years and childcare, take a look at Social Care Wales’s new online training to help you spot signs of abuse, harm or neglect of children or adults.
Social Care Wales’s bilingual e-learning package will give you a practical understanding of safeguarding. After completing it, you will be able to:
- explain the term ‘safeguarding’
- recognise abuse or the risk of abuse, harm, or neglect
- know what actions to take if you see or suspect abuse, harm, or neglect, or if someone tells you they are being abused
- understand the basics of laws around safeguarding
- recognise that you have a duty to report abuse, harm, or neglect.
Take a look at this video, an introduction to safeguarding…
For more information about learning and understanding safeguarding, visit Social Care Wales website.