We are developing an exciting partnership with the charity ‘LivesthroughFriends’ and its Founder Bob Rhodes. We aim to develop a robust, creative and dependable ‘support brokerage’ and ongoing professional support for individuals and families who choose to self-direct their support.
Bob’s pioneering approach starts by understanding what the best possible life could be for a person and setting off, with them and those who love them, on a journey in that direction; making and taking opportunities, working with all the ‘assets’ available and navigating institutional processes.
The initial focus for the successful person is a South Wales family that has sought Bob’s help in securing a secure a fulfilled life for their daughter. The person will be coached and mentored by Bob and be supported by an expert steering group within mirus.
This is a unique opportunity for career and professional development; and a chance to be a leader in supporting citizenship and better lives for people with learning disabilities and autism in Wales.
What the person will do :
– Understand what the best possible life could be for a person
– Develop a plan to work towards this goal, working together with the person and the people who love them
– Identify and develop a support network of relationships and community assets around the person that will work together towards achieving their best life possible
– Lead the team providing the paid support element of the network; ensuring high quality, creative and bespoke support delivery
– Draw upon all the ‘assets’ available from within mirus to support the network and to help to share and expand this way of working across the organisation.
We are looking for someone:
– Who is intelligent and talented, knowing there is always more to experience and learn
– With strong values, principles and aspirations
– Who gains fulfilment in and from relationships, and joy and satisfaction from relationship-based work with disabled people and their families
– With problem-solving and entrepreneurial characteristics, energy & can-do approach
– Who has a relevant qualification or willingness to commit to gain a Level 4/5 management qualification as part of the role
– With some relevant professional experience and knowledge to the role
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 04/03/2021
Expected Start Date: 01/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £31,339.00 per year