We are seeking qualified, experienced Adult Social Workers and Senior Social Workers to join Pembrokeshire County Council’s teams within the Social Services and Housing directorate.
We have opportunities across a range of teams and joining the Pembrokeshire team now would provide many opportunities to bring new ideas, develop in different ways professionally, and to contribute directly to the work to promote a culture of continuous improvement, reflection and learning.
We provide a supportive working structure across all of our social care teams, ensuring you have all you need to perform to the best of your abilities, whilst doing a job you love and if you are interested in working within the mental health team, we will support you to become a qualified AMHP – Approved Mental Health Professional if you have at least 2 years post-qualification experience in order to be considered for training.
We have opportunities across a range of roles offering permanent, fixed term and temporary contracts with a variety of options for flexibility.
If you would like to discuss the different teams and current Social Worker vacancies please contact Rebecca Noyce on: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
As well as a supportive management team the following is just a taster of the range of benefits of joining the PCC team:
• Generous Annual Leave of up to 30 days
• Membership of the Local Government ‘career average’ defined benefit pension scheme
• Flexible and agile working
• Access to discounts on a range of products, services and attractions
• A wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing, including a professional in house occupational health service and access to counselling services
• Generous occupational maternity and paternity pay plan, on top of statutory benefits
• Professional registration fees reimbursed
• Generous relocation package up to GBP 8,000 – which could include for example rent in lieu of a planned house purchase, removal and storage fees and legal/mortgage arrangement fees for house purchase.
• Salary sacrifice schemes
Welsh language skills are desirable.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh and will not be treated less favourably than applications submitted in English.