** TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE VISIT TH ISLE OF ANGLESEY COUNTY COUNCIL WEBSITE AS BELOW** https://recruitment.anglesey.gov.uk/wrl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01003337
Principal Accountabilities/Key Tasks:
1. Ensure that services are cohesive and compliant with national frameworks and standards through:
• Effective membership of the Service Management Team;
• Compliance with relevant legislation and statutory guidance to ensure delivery of services that are high performing against national standards;
• Interpret and identify legislative responsibilities
• Provide strategic leadership for staff.
2. Ensure the development of procedures and agreed practices which provide a safe and effective service in line with legal requirements and Local Authority policy. This will entail writing and revising policies/procedures where required and ensure that staff have knowledge of and access to procedures and resources associated with their area of practice;
3. Lead operational management response to Service practice, protocols and procedures underpinning the safeguarding of vulnerable adults;
4. Provision of reports and information to a range of audiences as required;
5. Provide procedural and professional advice to team managers on urgent and/or complex cases;
6. Ensure the effective recruitment, supervision, management and development of team managers and through them, ensure that the needs of adults are met effectively. This to include actively managing and monitoring the work and performance of Team Managers – through regular individual supervision and be accountable for the quality of the work of both individuals and their teams. Ensure that workload management principles are adhered to;;
7. To develop and sustain a positive working culture within the Service, to ensure staff are motivated and to develop high quality services that respond positively to meet the needs of service users;
8. Work collaboratively with other managers to ensure a holistic approach to responsibilities of Adults’ Services and by example ensure all practitioners work in a similar way;
9. Ensure that complaints are fully investigated, effectively monitored ensuring that learning is appropriately disseminated;
10. Responsible for all matters relating to performance and discipline of staff in line with Local Authority and Service procedures;
11. Manage staff selection and recruitment in accord with Local Authority procedures;
12. Manage staff sickness absence in accord with Local Authority procedures;
13. Undertake individual staff appraisals and thereby identify training and development needs to sustain and enhance the Service. Be responsible for ensuring that fieldwork practitioners are trained in accordance with the workforce development strategy;
14. Promote equality of opportunity and diversity for all employees and service users in accord with the Authority’s policies and practice.
15. Develop a commissioning strategy and underpinning commissioning intentions for older people and younger adults with physical disabilities. Gather and utilise information and intelligence to ensure that appropriate services are commissioned or adapted to meet assessed needs;
16. Strategic Service lead for informal carers, reablement and dementia and as such ensure a clear focus around service commissioning strategy and intentions as well as availability of service models to meet presenting need;
17. Work in partnership with other Council services, partner agencies and external organisations to deliver common objectives in accordance with the Corporate/ Community Plan, Commissioning Strategy and the Health, Social Care and Wellbeing Strategy;
18. Manage, develop and monitor the commissioning of services – seeking value for money and innovative approaches to addressing need within adults services;
19. Contribute to the effective business planning and performance monitoring of the Service and to drive continuous improvement and achieve excellent practice ensuring that a performance focus is embedded across all services.
20. Deputise, as required, for the Head of Service and to undertake delegated responsibilities on behalf of the Statutory Director and Head of Service in accord with the Service scheme of delegation;
21. Discharge health and safety duties commensurate with the post and participate in the Authority’s emergency response/business continuity arrangements as directed by your manager;
22. Ensure full compliance with all relevant County Council policies and procedures (e.g. Procurement and Financial Regulations; Data Protection Act / GDPR; Freedom of Information; Equality Act 2010; Welsh Language Standards).
23. Present a positive image of the Directorate and Local Authority at all times, maintain effective relationships with colleagues and external partners and other stakeholders;
24. Undertake any other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required by your manager and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post.