Contract: Permanent, 18.5 hours
Salary: £21,507.75 pro rata (Actual Salary: £10,610.49) plus enhancements for weekends, bank holidays, and nights up to £3.63 per hour.
Location: Treorchy, Rhondda Cynon Taff
A new Adferiad Recovery opportunity for the Provision of Personal Domiciliary Care and Support for People with secondary mental health diagnosis or dual diagnosis of substance misuse. The project is being established in in partnership with Rhondda Cynon Taff Council and will be situated in a building which will incorporate 5 self-contained apartments.
The services will operate over 7 days per week and the shift pattern will include lone working and sleep in night shifts.
Under the direction of the Housing Service Manager, you will work as part of the team to support and improve the lives of people with serious mental illness. As Senior, you and the staff team contribute to the delivery of Adferiad Recovery Registered Services in line with our commitment to principles of empowerment, self-management and recovery.
All Adferiad Recovery Workers will be given the qualifications, experience and competencies commensurate with the levels of care they are expected to provide and in accordance with the Care Inspectorate legislation for Domiciliary Care
The position of Senior involves supporting the Service Manager with delegated duties such as;
– the completion of processing referrals from point of receipt to the delivery, and through the creation of person centred/ housing related support delivery plans.
– allocating tasks to staff members and act as Deputy in the Service Managers absence.
– completing reviews of support.
– ensuring all client files are up to date and adhering to internal and external quality standards and regulations.
As a Senior, you are expected to be able to take on any essential admin and oversee the management of Housing Support Workers and the projects as directed by the Service Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Processing of referrals – following procedures for completing new assessments, risk assessments and creating individual person-centred service delivery plans.
· Follow procedures for conducting 3 monthly support plan reviews
· Provide a variety tailored interventions that support individuals with complex needs to find and sustain accommodation and develop their independent living skills.
· Supporting and assisting occupants with the following:
o Increasing independent living skills
o Personal finance, budgeting, and accessing benefits
o Mental and physical healthcare
o Building and maintaining relationships with neighbours, families, friends, professionals.
o Developing skills and interests.
o Pursuing training/educational/employment/leisure & recreational goals and aspirations.
o Developing links with the local community-based resources and opportunities.
o Signposting, joint work and referral on to other specialist agencies, intervening in crisis situations.
o Recognition of and coping strategies in respect of risk, triggers and avoiding relapse.
o Promoting recovery.
· Attendance at multiagency meetings to ensure the complex needs of the client(s) are addressed appropriately.
· Support the Service Manager and Registered Manager, in monitoring and evaluating staff performance during supervisions and with ongoing support.
Must have sufficient experience of providing care and support services to people with a serious mental illness or co-occurring substance use disorder & or other complex needs.
OR Experience of providing care and support services within individuals own homes.
OR Experience of providing care and support services within a hospital or residential setting.
OR A significant experience of personally using mental health services in a serious mental health setting.
All staff are expected to register with Social Care Wales
Must be car owner with full license and access to own car for travel for work purposes.
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION/ PERSON SPECIFICATION AND TO APPLY: https://www.adferiad.org.uk/vacancies/