AMHP is essential
Main Purpose of Post:
To ensure the organisation and delivery of an effective emergency duty service out of normal office hours in Powys. The Emergency Duty Team provides a generic service for the whole of the County. The senior social work practitioner EDT is required to provide an enhanced level of social work skills and expertise in Adult services, Children’s Services and In-House Domiciliary Care and Re-ablement. In addition Senior Social Work Practitioner Emergency Duty Team will be required to provide cover at short notice for absence of colleagues on the EDT rota.
The Senior Social Worker Practitioner EDT ensures the service provides:-
• Child and Adult protection investigations.
• Provision of support and advice to children and families in urgent cases including the accommodation of children who are unable to live with their family when this is necessary
• Assessment of vulnerable adults and the provision of emergency services including residential care
• To support the Domiciliary Care and Reablement in-house Service to ensure continuity of service
• Mental Health assessments.
• Acting as appropriate adult under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984