Job title: Personal Assistant/Carer
Location: Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire Area
Hours of work: 15-16 per week on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday (5.5 hours per day)
Rate of pay: £9.00 per hour
A Personal Assistant is required to support a young lady who has
MS with daily living tasks and socialisation. You will be required to
work a split shift over 3 days to include early evenings. There is
also the possibility of extra hours to cover annual leave of the other
PA. Hours of work to be agreed with the employer as required.
This post is funded through the Direct Payments scheme and is
intended for this lady to maintain independence & so maintain her
• Assist with personal care- bathing, washing hair.
• Prepare meals as necessary.
• Support with correspondence & financial matters.
• Essential domestic & laundry as required.
• Escort to medical appointments as required.
• Assist with personal care in the evenings & prepare supper.
• Assist with shopping.
• Assist with social activities.
• To carry out any reasonable requests of the employer
• Driving to social activities and appointments is also required.
• Ensure her safety at all times during your working period
• Local knowledge of activities available would be advantageous to
this post, as the hours worked may be off-site within the
• Active and energetic.
• Proactive individual with local knowledge.
• A good sense of humour.
• Caring, honest, responsible and patient.
• Flexibility around hours of work and main duties of the job.
• Reliable with good time keeping.
• Able to use own initiative and be self-motivated.
• Able to maintain confidentiality and be aware of privacy.
• An ability to develop and maintain a supportive relationship.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
• A full driving license and use of a car is required. You must have
business use on your insurance to be able to use the vehicle within
• 5.6 weeks holiday per year (pro rata).
• Sick pay at SSP rate.
• Training provided if required, where available.
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check, which will
incur no cost to the applicant. PA’s are advised to also get the
online service for transferrable DBS checks for a nominal annual
Please note that although you may have received this job details
via Carmarthenshire County Council, they are acting on the employer’s behalf and
cannot be held responsible for any actions arising out of your