Hours: 3 HOURS PER WEEK
Job reference: 1876NS
To provide the best possible care and support to ensure that the person receiving the direct payment achieves their well-being outcomes as identified in their care plan. To support them to live as independently as possible.
About the Employer:
.19yeard old MALE loves playing pool and
cinema, bowling. He has started taking interest in rugby
with Llanelli warriors would love someone who could take him
training or when a game is on next season. Someone to take him
to a party when he gets an invite. He just loves socialising with
friends. He’s very easy going and enjoys a bit of everything.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
1. Supporting the employer with encouragement in gaining independence
2. Enabling the employer to interact socially in their community
3. Providing support to the employer whilst shopping and attending activities of interest
4. Supporting the employer to develop independent living skills
5. Encouraging the employer to attend appointments
6. Ensuring the employer’s safety at all times during your working hours
7. To carry out any other reasonable tasks that are requested by the employer during your working hours
8. To ensure compliance with Data Protection Act.
9. Be mindful of safeguarding issues, and feedback any concerns to Carmarthenshire County Council immediately on (01267 228751)
10.Be responsible for contacting the GP, Social Worker or Local Authority should the employer need medical assistance.
Relationships: Communication / Nature of Contacts:
1. Ability to develop supportive and caring relationship with employer.
2. To undertake all duties in a friendly and helpful manner.
3. Able to contact people on behalf of the employer when necessary.
Job Working Environment:
Working in employer’s homes and supporting them to access facilities and community activities.
Person specification – Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
1. Caring, patient and friendly.
2. Responsible, reliable and honest.
3. Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
4. Has good local knowledge of the area where the employer lives.
5. Good time-keeping and flexibility around working patterns and duties as determined by the employer’s requirements.
6. Ability to keep simple records such as time recording.
7. Good communicator able to talk to people on behalf of the employer when required.
8. Able to develop long-term supportive and consistent relationships with employers.
9. Be prepared to undergo training in order to best meet the employers need.
Disclosure Barring Service (DBS)
A Disclosure Barring Service Check (DBS) / criminal record check will require to
be undertaken for this post. This will be completed on acceptance of job offer.
This position was posted by the Direct Payments Support service on behalf of the Direct Payment Recipient. The Direct Payment Recipient is the employer. They hold all the employer’s responsibilities associated with this role. Carmarthenshire County Council supports them to fulfil their employer obligations.