Contract: 30 hours
Salary: £20,041.31 per annum pro rata
Location: Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
Adferiad Recovery delivers a new, flexible, and co-ordinated response to the exceptional circumstances faced by people with co-occurring mental health and substance misuse conditions and related issues. We harness the talents and experience of our founding and long-established leading Welsh Charities CAIS, Hafal, and WCADA in their fields, enabling our projects to meet the needs of our most vulnerable with a single, unified, and comprehensive approach.
This floating support / outreach service delivers support to individuals across the County of Pembrokeshire. Staff are to provide high quality and effective housing related support that focuses on strengths and goals to enable individuals with serious mental illness and complex needs to achieve tenancy sustainment, supporting all aspects of an individual’s life, to achieve a healthy and active lifestyle and live independently in their own home.
Staff are to work with individuals holistically, working in line with our commitment to the principles of empowerment, self-management and recovery and ensuring compliance with internal and external quality standards.
The service is available between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm – Mon to Friday with specific hours of support determined by each client needs.
• Provide a variety of person centred, tailored interventions that support individuals with complex needs to find and sustain accommodation and develop their independent living skills.
• Supporting and assisting occupants with the following:
Ø Feeling secure within their home
Ø Increasing independent living skills
Ø Using appliances safely and maintaining reasonable domestic standards
Ø Personal finance, budgeting, and accessing benefits.
Ø Mental and physical healthcare
Ø Self-management of medication
Ø Attending appointments
Ø Visitors and their access to individual’s property
Ø Building and maintaining relationships with neighbours, families, friends, professionals
Ø Developing skills and interests
• Manage a client caseload, and complete individual needs assessments, risk assessments, support plans and offer practical advice and advocacy to service users.
• Liaise with relevant services, organisations and agencies with regards to accessing additional support for service users.
• Practice homeless prevention, tenancy sustainment, Psychologically Informed Approaches, Solution Focus Practice, harm reduction, and co-production.
• Working with service users to impact positively on issues relating to housing, employment, training and education and social isolation .
• There are no specific qualifications but there must be evidence of commitment to personal and career development relevant to the post.
• NVQ/QCF Competencies in Health and Social Care Level 2 is desirable as all staff would be required to hold or complete this as part of their employment.
• Experience of providing care and support services to people with a serious mental illness or within a social care setting.
• We would consider those who have a significant experience of either personally using or caring for someone using mental health services in a serious mental health setting.
• Must have a full UK driving licence and full access to a vehicle for work purpose
• All employees are required to act inclusively to encourage, promote, and cultivate our values. (such as rights affirming and cultural diversity).
What you’ll get in return:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
• Option to purchase additional annual leave
• Life assurance
• Pension Contribution scheme
• Sick pay (subject to terms and conditions)
• Continuous service rewards
• Refer a friend scheme
• Employee benefit platform giving access to a wide range of perks, including shopping discounts at 100s of big-brand retailers
• Health and Wellbeing Staff Service
• Money Advice Service
• Quarterly Health and Wellbeing Staff Raffle
• Christmas Hampers and Birthday Gifts
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Tusker Vehicle Purchase Scheme
• Technology Purchase Scheme
• Free breakfast at Adferiad Recovery Offices and Project Buildings
• Employee Events
• Bupa Healthcare Package
• Volunteering Opportunities
Adferiad Recovery welcomes applications from everyone with the right to work in the UK, and values diversity in the workplace.
Applicants may be contacted prior to the displayed closing date. Adferiad Recovery reserves the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role and therefore encourage early applications.
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION, AND TO APPLY: https://adferiad.org.uk/vacancies/