Have you considered working in Adult Residential Care? We are looking to grow our team and we need you now!
Are you an experienced carer or are you looking for a new challenge? Join our hard-working, friendly and supportive team at Min y Môr Residential Care Home and see the genuine difference you can make.
We are currently recruiting 1 x 10.5 hour Level 3 (nights) Care and Support Worker, to join Min y Môr Residential Care Home, Aberaeron, on a permanent basis.
About the role
No two days are the same in this varied and rewarding role. As a general guide, your day-to-day duties may include:
– ensuring that service delivery remains fully compliant with the Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016 and associated regulations
– be the responsible officer in the absence of the Manager/Deputy Manager
– administering prescribed medication including controlled drugs to service user’s and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and – administration of medication in accordance with regional and internal policy and procedure
– providing total care to clients according to daily routine as outlined in care plans
– providing emotional support and reassurance to clients, particularly when they need to adjust to change/and or family crisis
– escorting clients out of the establishment, e.g. leisure trips
– completing daily records
– undertaking cleaning, laundry and dining room service
Our ideal candidate
Previous experience of working in a care home is essential along with kindness, patience, respect and resilience.
Our offer to you
The contribution our employees make to the health, safety and wellbeing of our care home residents is priceless. We therefore want to ensure that our Care & Support Workers find working for Ceredigion as rewarding as possible.
With that in mind we offer our employees a range of employee benefits, including:
– up to 34 days annual leave
– health and wellbeing initiatives including free lifestyle and counselling support
– Local Government Pension Scheme
– enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity pay
– Vectis discount card for savings on big name brands and with registered local businesses
– learning and development opportunities to support career progression
– salary sacrifice schemes including the Cycle to Work scheme
For more information about our employee benefits please see our careers website.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a caring and compassionate individual to join a friendly and dedicated team and make a real difference.
Submitting an application
We have made it easier for you to apply by simplifying our application form. Submitting an application has never been easier!
Should you require support to complete your application please do not hesitate to contact 01970 633949 or email email@example.com
This role includes weekend working as part of a normal working week or rota. The successful candidate will be entitled to the following pay:
– Saturday – Time and a quarter
– Sunday – Time and a half
Get in touch
For further information and an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Chloe Williams-Lawless at Chloe.Williams-Lawless@ceredigion.gov.uk
Please see our careers website for the Job Description and Person Specification.
Note: We reserve the right to amend the application closing date.
Safeguarding adults at risk is a key priority for us. We aim to support children, young people and adults at risk to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be and acknowledge they have a right to protection and will take action to safeguard their welfare. Each member of staff and volunteer is expected to share this commitment, and we will require an Enhanced Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).