A family owned award-winning residential care provider intent on being the prime driver in Challenging Behaviour Learning Disability Community Care. Our specialism is in providing comprehensive care services to those with challenging intellectual difficulties. We provide the best possible care within a beautiful and pleasant living environment through a person-centred approach; whilst fostering independent living!
We are looking for people to help us grow our business and push care standards even higher. If you are keen to enhance the human dimension and want to see your efforts generate results by helping those less fortunate and give something of yourself to others; and are able to work with understanding and empathy, then this may be the position for you! In return we afford
• Structured Induction: on-going Personal development and professionally accredited qualifications well above the norm to further your career in this industry
• Good rate for the job, above national rates + Pension
• A competitive reward package & Comfortable working conditions.
• Guaranteed shift hours
• We cover cost of enhanced DBS
• Employee Assistance Programme
• A job with physical exercise and variety included, where you can also learn huge amount helping those less fortunate that you to accomplish more
To support adults with learning disabilities in their everyday life’s, with responsibility for providing personal progression, self-presentation, assisting with life decisions and individual progression
• Delivering quality care for our residents, respecting their dignity and wishes
• Ensuring resident safety and life enhancements
• Supporting their personal needs, enriching life’s through community engagement & learning new skills
• Maintaining accurate resident records and liaising with the wider Medical Professionals
• Interacting and communicating with residents and their families
• Reliable, well balanced with a common-sense approach to life!
• Have a genuine interest in helping people to go further
• A sense of humour
• To be able act with empathy and understanding to those with intellectual difficulties and keep them safe.
• To be trust worthy, tolerant and confident.
• To have an interest in social, practical and creative developments.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Able to work rotating shifts
Qualifications & Experience
Capable of gaining at least QCF2 in Health & Social Care or another relevant award. Hold full drivers UK licence with at least 12-months driving experience. Have a sound awareness of relevant H&S; and grounded common-sense approach to life; Capable of relating well to Vulnerable adults. Some experience of working in partnership with others. Have an ability to communicate with a range of different people & successfully achieve an enhanced Vetting & Barring check. We are particularly interested in talking to future colleagues to work with mixed sex resident group and working rotating shift pattern
• First Care Business in Wales to Win Small Firms Health & Wellbeing ‘GOLD’ Award
• 2013 Wales Care Accolade – Care Leadership Category
• 2014 Healthy Work place Award
• Silver Award – Excellence in Residential Care (2014)
• 2018 Wales Care Accolade – Staff Development, Highly Commended
• 2018 Wales LD & Autism Award – Outstanding Contribution