Have you considered working in Adult Residential Care? We are looking to grow our team and we need you now!
Do you enjoy caring for others or are you looking for a new challenge? Join our hard-working, friendly and supportive team at Tregerddan Residential Care Home and see the genuine difference you can make.
We are currently recruiting a Level 2 Care and Support Workers to join Tregerddan Residential Care Home, Aberystwyth, on a permanent basis. Previous experience of working in a care home is not essential as full training will be given. As long as you have kindness, patience, respect and resilience – the rest we can teach you!
About the role
No two days are the same in this varied and rewarding role. As a general guide, your day-to-day duties may include:
– providing total care to clients according to daily routine as outlined in care plans
– providing emotional support and reassurance to clients, particularly when they need to adjust to change/and or family crisis
– administering prescribed medication, including controlled drugs, in line with policy and procedure
– escorting clients out of the establishment, e.g. leisure trips
– completing daily records
– undertaking cleaning, laundry and dining room service
Our offer to you
The contribution our employees make to the health, safety and wellbeing of our care home residents is priceless. We therefore want to ensure that our Care and Support Workers find working for Ceredigion as rewarding as possible.
With that in mind we offer our employees a range of employee benefits, including:
– up to 34 days annual leave
– health and wellbeing initiatives including free lifestyle and counselling support
– Local Government Pension Scheme
– enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity pay
– Vectis discount card for savings on big name brands and with registered local businesses
– learning and development opportunities to support career progression
– salary sacrifice schemes including the Cycle to Work scheme
For more information about our employee benefits please see our careers website.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a caring and compassionate individual to join a friendly and dedicated team and make a real difference.
Submitting an application
We have made it easier for you to apply by simplifying our application form. Submitting an application has never been easier!
Should you require support to complete your application please do not hesitate to contact 01970 633949 or email email@example.com.
This role includes weekend working as part of a normal working week or rota. The successful candidate will be entitled to the following pay:
– Saturday – Time and a quarter
– Sunday – Time and a half
Get in touch
For further information and an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Kelly Munro on Kelly.Munro@ceredigion.gov.uk
Please see our careers website for the Job Description and Person Specification.
Note: We reserve the right to change the application window so it that it closes earlier or later than currently advertised.
Safeguarding adults at risk is a key priority for us. We aim to support adults at risk to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. We acknowledge that adults at risk have a right to protection and will take action to safeguard their welfare. Each member of staff and volunteer is expected to share this commitment, and we will require an Enhanced Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).