Nurse of the year awards 2022
12 May 2022
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) in Wales are thrilled to see the return of the RCN Wales Nurse of the Year awards in 2022.
This year, they look forward to celebrating the 10th Anniversary of their prestigious awards, recognising exceptional standards in nursing on Wednesday 9 November 2022.Their awards acknowledge the outstanding efforts, commitment and achievements made by the whole of the nursing community and showcase how valuable the nursing contribution is within Wales.
Do you know the next RCN Wales Nurse of the year 2022?
If so, share their achievements and give them the recognition they deserve by nominating them now. Online nomination forms for all 17 categories can be completed via the ‘Nurse of the Year’ page on the RCN Wales website, closing date is the 30 June 2022.
This year’s categories are:
- Advanced and Specialist Nursing Award
- Care of the Older Person Award
- Chief Nursing Officer for Wales Award
- Children and Midwifery Award
- Community Nursing Award
- Health Care Support Worker Award
- Improving Individual and Population Health Award
- Innovation and Digitalisation in Nursing Award
- Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Nurse Education Award
- Nursing Student Award
- Primary Care Nursing Award
- Registered Nurse (Adult) Award
- Supporting Education and Learning in Practice
- Supporting Improvement Through Research Award
- Suzanne Goodall Paediatric Palliative Care Nursing Award
Individuals can be nominated for an award by peers, teams, managers, patients, and the public. Nominated nurses, midwives, nursing students, and health care support workers must demonstrate a passion for their profession and exemplify distinction in care, leadership, service, and innovation. Diversity in nominees is encouraged to reflect the workforce in Wales across all areas of nursing; Independent Health and Social Care Sector, Third Sector, NHS, or Local Authority.
Also on their website they have included guidance as to ‘what makes a winning entry’ along with short video guides available: The Basics; Making your application shine; and Patient nominations. You can watch all guidance videos on their RCN Wales Youtube Channel
If you have any queries, contact CPDWales@rcn.org.uk
Please be sure to tag them on social media and use the #WalesNOTY2022
Social media handles: