mirus is a not-for-profit charitable organisation, working in partnership with the people they support, their families and other partners, to deliver high quality, person-centred support services for people with a disability. We have been supporting people in Wales for over 35 years and currently support over 350 people in ten different local authority areas.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Worker to join our dedicated team based in Gwent. In this pivotal role you will be assisting and encouraging people in supported living to become integrated members of their local community, promoting physical and social participation. Holding a full UK driving licence is preferred but not mandatory. Due to the requirements of the role, candidates must be able to drive and have access to their own transport.
What will you be doing?
• You will develop, implement, and review a range of individual support plans to enable the person that you will support to lead a fulfilling life.
• You will provide support with a range of tasks which may include household and domestic tasks, shopping, diet/food preparation, personal care, personal hygiene, dressing and personal appearance.
• You will be studying towards your QCF Level 2 Health and Social Care funded by mirus
• You will work alongside other professionals such as care managers, community nurses and occupational therapists to deliver high quality support.
What difference will you make? Take a look.
Possibilities into Realities
What we are looking for?
You may understand the issues associated with people with complex needs, but we will provide in depth training and coaching. Being a Support Worker takes bravery, patience, and commitment. If you share our values and are willing to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you!
Our benefits include:
• Fully funded and supported qualification – QCF Level 2 Health and Social Care (if not already achieved).
• Paid work-related travel at 45p per mile between services.
• Premium payments for sleep in and wake in.
• Full training programme and opportunities for development and promotion. Including an Aspiring Managers programme.
• 24 days’ Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays. Increasing after 5 years’ service.
• Pension Scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme·
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Social Wales Registration and DBS paid for by mirus.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity to join our team and make a difference to people’s lives, please click on the APPLY button below.
Note: Due to the requirements of the role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check funded by mirus.