Grade 8 – £29,577 – £33,782
This is a full time open-ended position for 37 hours per week.
Social Worker looking for roles in Children’s Services? We have some fantastic opportunities to join the team in beautiful Pembrokeshire.
With a career in Pembrokeshire County Council you have the chance to live and work in Britain’s only Coastal National Park with the opportunity to impact the community around you. We are seeking experienced Social Workers to join the Child Care Assessment Team within the Social Services directorate.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for Pembrokeshire’s Children’s Service. The Childcare Assessment team safeguards and promotes the welfare of the children and young people in Pembrokeshire. The team handles all safeguarding and welfare referrals and gives guidance to the public and professionals who work with children. The aim is always to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be.
Joining the team would provide many opportunities to bring new ideas, develop in different ways professionally, and to contribute directly to the work to promote a culture of continuous improvement, reflection and learning.
We provide a supportive working structure across all of our social care teams, ensuring you have all you need to perform to the best of your abilities, whilst doing a job you love.
With it’s breathtaking scenery, coastal lifestyle and a range of leisure activities, Pembrokeshire has a lot to offer; and so do we. As well as a supportive management team and management teams the following is just a taster of the range of benefits of joining the PCC team:
• Generous Annual Leave of up to 30 days
• Membership of the Local Government ‘career average’ defined benefit pension scheme
• Flexible and agile working
• Access to discounts on a range of products, services and attractions
• A wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing, including a professional in- house occupational health service and access to counselling services
• Generous occupational maternity and paternity pay plan, on top of statutory benefits
• Professional registration fees reimbursed
• Generous relocation package up to £8,000 – which could include for example rent in lieu of a planned house purchase, removal and storage fees and legal/mortgage arrangement fees for house purchase.
• Salary sacrifice schemes
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Professional Registration – successful applicants will be required to be registered as a social worker with Social Care Wales prior to taking up their post and to be able to provide evidence of this.