Contract: Permanent, part-time and full-time available.
Salary: £12.90 per hour (£10.25 basic + £2.65 enhanced)
The role is to provide waking night staff hours. Staff are to deliver a high level of care to Children and Young People with complex clinical, medical & physical needs and their Carers/families enabling them to remain in their own homes and access support and facilities within the community. You will ensure a safe environment and enriching family life in line with our commitment to principles of empowerment, self –management, wellbeing and recovery.
The service will be delivered in the young person (family’s) own home and within their local community and will respond flexibly to the assessed needs of the young person through the provision of tailored packages of Care promoting the individual’s health and wellbeing, rights and independence.
This includes supporting individuals if required with:
• All aspects of personal care, including tracheostomy, ventilation, PEG/NG feeding,
epilepsy rescue medication administration and any other child specific clinical need.
• Mobility and transfers – all staff are trained in accordance with the All Wales Manual
•Handling Passport, including wheelchairs and hoists.
• Administration of prescribed oral, topical or parenteral medication.
• Basic physiotherapy/occupational therapy as directed.
• Escort /Accompany clients to school.
• Assist with engagement with social activities including holidays.
• Accompany clients to medical appointments.
• Encourage play activities.
• Respite for carers at night, sleeping in to allow them to sleep.
• Communicate effectively with Health Care Professionals, families and Carers including attending update meetings and supervisions.
QCF Competencies in Health & Social Care Level 2 or higher would provide some evidence of competence for the post and all staff would be required to hold or complete this as part of their employment. Application Application
•Experience of providing care and support services within individuals own homes. OR
•Experience of providing care and support services within a hospital or residential setting. OR
•Experience of working with vulnerable adults and / or children.
Must have a full UK driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION, PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN ALSO APPLY: https://www.adferiad.org.uk/vacancies/