WeCare Wales accessibility statement
This website is run by Social Care Wales. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website
- we’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand
- AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- the colour contrast of foreground text to the background colour text is insufficient on many pages
- there are dropdown menus without any description on many pages making it difficult for screen readers
- there are missing submit button on filter selectors used o the site – making it difficult to control its function
- form elements used on the site are not grouped making it difficult for screen readers to know the form elements are connected
- skip to main content menu is only visible to screen readers and when using the keyboard to navigate the site
- there is missing code on the forms used on the site
- links that are only identified by colour are used
- links without meaningful descriptions are used making it difficult to know the destination of the link
- there are pages without a top level heading making it difficult to follow the structure of the page
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 30 33 444.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in seven working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or call 0300 30 33 444.
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment. Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Social Care Wales is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 5 October 2020. The test was carried out by Social Care Wales using a combination of an accessibility testing tool called SiteImprove and manual testing.
This statement was prepared on 29 January 2020. It was last updated on 7 October 2020.