Registered Manager in South Wales area
An exciting position has become available for a registered manager to lead one of our children’s homes in the South Wales area. The successful candidate will provide leadership, support and direction for their staff team and follow through with the Company’s ethos. If you have a passion for working with children who have not had the easiest start in life, then please join us in making that positive change. Our aspirations for our children are high in all aspects of their lives, and we aim to provide a homely environment where children feel safe, supported and nurtured.
If you have experience as a registered manager or are an experienced deputy manager looking for that next step, this is a perfect opportunity to grow your career. As a registered manager with us you will:
• Provide support and guidance.
• Help young people become independent and produce life skills.
• Work with partnership agencies of the child (police, social services, education, Youth Offending Services etc).
• Ensure plans for young people are being met.
• Ensure the home is a safe and stable environment.
• Look after the interests of the home and the company.
To apply for this role, you will need:
• Level 5 Leadership and Management (Children and Young People) qualification or working towards this.
• To have experience of working with children and young people.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
• Be prepared to undertake mandatory training.
• Be committed in promoting anti-discriminatory practice and setting good examples of practice within the workplace.
• Prepared to take off-duty calls in emergency situations.
• Attend reviews and care-planning meetings.
• Minimum two years’ experience of supervising and managing staff.
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year