Young Person’s Advisor
As a Young Person’s Advisor, you’ll work with children aged 14+ to support their independence, resilience and ability to keep themselves safe.
You’ll work in partnership with social workers and other professionals to support young people in care or leaving care in making a successful transition to adulthood.
You’ll work with children, adults, their families and other professionals. This role may involve working with individuals in their own homes and communities, day centres, residential homes, schools, hospitals and other public, private or voluntary organisations.
You’ll be responsible for completing paperwork and keeping up to date records.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- To be a good listener
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to empathise
- The ability to build effective relationships and develop rapport
- The ability to be creative and solution-focussed
- A tactful, caring and patient nature
- A non-judgemental attitude
- Resilience and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Good time management and administrative skills
- Computer literacy