Home Care Senior Worker – Children
As a Home Care Senior Worker, you’ll provide care and support to children and young people within their own homes. This job is sometimes called a ‘Domiciliary Care Senior Worker’.
You’ll work in a person-centred way that promotes the choices, independence and dignity of the children and young people you work with, and helps them to do the things that matter to them. You’ll also develop good working relationships with families and carers.
The care and support you provide will be different for each person and will be set out in their care plan. This can include help with personal care, washing and dressing. You’ll also support people’s well-being by encouraging them stay connected with their friends, families and communities.
You’ll support management to ensure that day-to-day work runs as smoothly as possible. You may be required to lead and supervise a team of Home Care Workers.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for working with people
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- To be a good team player
- To be well organised
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
- Motivation and determination
- The ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- An open and inclusive approach
- The ability to give direction to other members of the team
Find out more information on qualifications and registration details for this role with Social Care Wales.