Home Care Deputy Manager – Children
As a Home Care Deputy Manager, you’ll support the Manager of the service to ensure it runs effectively. This job is sometimes called a ‘Domiciliary Care Deputy Manager’.
Using a person-centred approach, you’ll work with children and young people who need care and support to meet their physical, social, emotional and cultural needs. You’ll also need to develop good working relationships with families, carers and other professionals supporting the child or young person.
Working as part of a team, you’ll provide leadership and supervision to staff and support management to ensure that day-to-day work runs as smoothly as possible. You’ll complete paperwork and keep records up to date for each person using the service.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for working with people
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- To be a team player
- To be well organised
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
- Motivation and determination
- The ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- An open and inclusive approach
- The ability to give direction to other members of the team
- Leadership and management skills
Find out more information on qualifications and registration details for this role with Social Care Wales.