Fostering Services Manager
As a Fostering Services Manager you’ll be responsible for leading a high-quality service, providing stability and security to children and young people who live away from their family home.
Fostering managers supervise their team to recruit and support foster carers. This helps the foster carers to provide stable home environments for the children and young people that they care for.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Good communication skills
- To be non-judgmental
- To be able to build trusting relationships
- Patience, resilience and observation skills
- Confidence to deal with changing and challenging situations
- To be reflective, to learn from experiences and to continuously develop good practice
- To be able to provide suitable supervision and support to others
- Management and leadership skills
- Planning and administration skills
Find out more information on qualifications for this role with Social Care Wales.