As Director of Social Services, you’ll be responsible for the service, providing strategic leadership and direction. You’ll ensure high quality service delivery for children, families and older people.
Working with Heads of Service, ensuring that effective safeguarding arrangements are in place, you’ll commission, develop and deliver services that will improve outcomes for people needing care and support. You’ll consider the human and financial resource implications of your strategic and operational decisions.
You’ll provide leadership, guidance and support to staff, developing confidence and resilience. You’ll ensure that staff adhere to policies, legislation and regulations.
You’ll be the organisation spokesperson on all matters relating to Social Services. You’ll build effective relationships with the press, politicians, agencies and organisations.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- In-depth understanding of the statutory requirements for Social Services in Wales
- Complete knowledge of relevant legislation
- Strong and effective management and leadership skills
- A focus on performance management and delivery
- Change management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to empathise and balance different professional perspectives
- The ability to be creative and solution-focussed
- The ability to build effective relationships and develop rapport
- The ability to empower teams and individuals
- An evidence informed approach
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Resilience and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- The ability to think critically
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Computer literacy
Find out more information on qualifications and registration details for this role with Social Care Wales.