Care Home Manager
As a Care Home Manager, you’ll set the operational direction and organise the effective running of the home.
You’ll be responsible for the overall ethos and culture of the home and it’ll be your responsibility to ensure that the residents and staff have a homely, welcoming and safe place to live and work.
You’ll have thorough knowledge of the care plan for each of the residents. Using a person-centred approach, you’ll support each resident with their physical, social, emotional and cultural needs.
You’ll provide leadership, guidance and support to staff. You’ll ensure that staff adhere to company policies, legislations and regulations. You’ll carry out supervisions for Deputy Managers, Care Home Workers and Senior Care Home Workers.
You’ll be fully responsible for the care home and will need to communicate effectively with external agencies to ensure that relevant care standards are met. You’ll be responsible for completing paperwork and keeping up to date records for the residents and any regulatory documentation that’s necessary. You’ll also manage recruitment and disciplinary processes.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for caring for elderly people and their families
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- To be a good team player
- Organisational skills
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
- Motivation and determination
- The ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- An open and inclusive approach
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to give direction and supervision to other members of the team
- A full understanding of legal requirements and regulations that are involved with the role
- Attention to detail, ensuring correct information is recorded in all paperwork
Find out more information on qualifications and registration details for this role with Social Care Wales.
Name : Wendy Ticehurst, Brocastle Manor Care Home
Overview : If you’re a naturally caring and empathetic person, a career in social care can help you make a difference to people’s lives. Thank you Brocastle Manor Care Home for taking part in this video.